So here are a few recs (for fic because I'm pretty terrible with art recs - there was a lot of lovely art though!)
- Your Children Will Come at You with Knives by steeplechasers- the most visually striking piece of the challenge for me, there was a fantastic sense of terrible inevitability and a beautifully muffled depiction of manipulated emotions and fear. Definitely recommend.
- Juxtaposition by moonyj4m - super tender take on a slow growing closer through shared beds and shared closeness. Really well paced and the slide from (mostly) platonic bedsharing into their relationship was perfect.
- Heaven Sure Ain't Like It Is In The Brochure by righteousbros - wonderful use of canon in particular Dark Side of the Moon, a perfect fixing of all the untied ends. Very sweet and warming. I'll take a slice of that with a cup of tea please.
- The Treadmill by amber1960 As well as fix-its, I adore fics that fixes things without that being the central core of the story - in this one there's a (intriguing) plot, there's Sam time and then this wonderful resolution that ties it up neatly and ends on a hopeful note. Lovely.
- Five Times the Winchesters Pretended They Didn’t, and One Time That Didn’t Work by runedgirl - there may be a theme to these recs (with the exception of the first one!) and this is no different - there's a slow build relationship that I can only describe as pretty - the descriptions, the emotions and then the ending that unites all the different threads into an understated but real happiness.